Earlier this month I made a promise on my Instagram feed that this recipe would be on the blog by midnight September 30th.
Time check as I write this: September 30th 6:40 PM. I may procrastinate but I keep my word 😉
While grilled salmon is not particularly a fall food this is a marinade we use weekly.
Now that we have discovered the individually wrapped, frozen Atlantic Sockeye Salmon Fillets at Costco this has become a super simple weekly meal and it is always delicious.
My marinade is soy-free & gluten free. I use grass-fed butter and recommend ghee if you cannot tolerate butter.
1-1/2 lb Salmon
1/2 Cup diced shallots (migraine friendly onion)
3-4 Garlic Cloves diced
2 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon fine grain Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Fresh Lemon
- Melt Butter in a medium sized bowl then let it cool slightly
- Dice shallots and garlic
- Mix: Melted Butter, Diced Shallots, Diced Garlic, EVOO, Maple Syrup, Himalayan Pink Salt in bowl
- Place Salmon Fillets in a bag or container for marinating
- Pour liquid marinade over salmon
- Marinade for at least 30-60 minutes in the refrigetor
Preheat gas grill then lower to medium heat.
Place salmon skin side down on grill grates. Pour remaining marinade over salmon fillets. Grill salmon for ~ 15-20 minutes undisturbed with until it flakes easily.
Garnish with Fresh Parsley
Serve with fresh lemon juice